REMEMBER TO ENJOY LIVING

Richard Jeni, who recently committed suicide, was a stand-up comic. On a profound level, he "got life" and turned the pain of experience into humor for the rest of us. Laughter can help us keep things in perspective or get things back into perspective. Here are a few laughs for you today:

"I think I know how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough. Let's go West.'"

On religion: "You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."

"The way I see it, we're all on the Hindenberg. Why fight over the window seats?"

"It is a sad fact that 50 percent of marriages in this country end in divorce. But hey, the other half end in death. You could be one of the lucky ones."

"I always look for a woman with a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I'm thinking, OK, here' a gal who's capable of making a decision she'll regret in the future."

No comments: